www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making

PostSubject: Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)   Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Post reply with your story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHRISTYINALOVE3

PostSubject: CHRISTINA AND DARLINE'S STORY   Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:47 pm

THE MOVING HOUSE

The afternoon bell rang and the PAHS East Campus was let out. The kids were barging out faster than a tornado riding on a cheetah. Christina and Darline walked together, so both can get to their jobs. If both of them were late one more time, they will be thrown out, literally. So with the herd crowding the sidewalk towards Zamudio Road, the two girls walked two Germarty Street, where the Miller House was on. The Miller House was an abandoned house that has a way of scaring anyone. According to the myths, the house likes to grow legs and walk to the other side of the street, and any one who went in the house, never came back out.

It was in the middle of the autumn, so the wind was howling and the red and orange leaves would rustle through the wind’s words. Christina and Darline walked by the houses on the road. All those houses had gardens, and cute lawn gnomes. But the two stumbled upon a house unlike the others. The house was brown and broken. The window shatters were also broken, hanging off the hinges, and strange black shadows were lurking inside the house. It was the Miller House, no doubt. Christina, the kind of person who wants to explore, wants to take a look inside.

“I want to take a look inside the Miller House. The lion inside of me wants to see what kind of prey is in there,” Christina said to Darline.
“I don’t think it’s a good idea. We’ll get fired if we’re late again,” Darline told her.
“Fine! Leave without me. I’m exploring.” Christina replied and she went up the creaky steps leading to the porch then to the door. Darline was staring at Christina like she had a million heads, all oddly shaped. Then she murmured to herself:

“Pssh! I’m out.”
Christina forgot about Darline and kept looking. All of a sudden, the house started to shake, and the house felt like it lifted. Christina was starting to get nervous. Meanwhile, halfway up the street, Darline just thought of something.

“Oh man! I need to get the math homework from Christina!” she made her way back to the Miller House and found out it disappeared. There were three houses and then there were two. A huge open space was left, where the house used to be. Darline was starting to have a panic attack. Out of the ordinary, a woman’s voice was calling her.

“Darline!!!!” it was Christina calling her. She was alive and the house was on the other side of the street. Darline was looking in the wrong direction. She felt like a big dope for looking in the wrong way. But she was still curious. What is up with the gap between the two green houses? Anyways, Christina called Darline and the two then walked up the street, like nothing happened at all. The Miller House then got up, and walked to the gap. Now the house is where it should belong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inad9-J

PostSubject: Danivia and Uriel's story   Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 pm

The wind was blowing strong as me and Rafa were walking home. We had just finish soccer practice and it was dark outside already. I was supposed to get home before dinner and I was late already. I also didn’t have any desire to get home either, not after the test grade I had on my math test and that had to be sign. “What did you had on the test?” I asked Rafa. “I had an F…. my parents are going to kill me”, he said. He was right but not because we failed the test but because of another thing.

When I got home I didn’t had time to think or do anything. “Mickie!!!!!” my mom screamed. I knew that couldn’t be good. “I just had a call from your teacher saying that you failed your math test!” she yelled, “What happen???” I tried to explain but she didn’t listen and that made me get grounded. Later that night I called Rafa. “You too… then I guess I will only se you in school and soccer practice.” We didn’t talk the much because we couldn’t; my mom had to use the phone.

The next day as we walked from soccer practice again we were trapped by Armando and his gang. “Well… look who we had here… what happen Mickie???” he mocked, “Your mommy grounded you and you can’t come to the race today??” Yep, me and Rafa were one of those people that loved street races. I only raced once against Armando and I won. Since then he had something against me and my friends. “Of course I will and I want to race you specially,” I had said. With that he just stared at me and went away leaving me and Rafa behind in the dark.

“How are you going to do that?” Rafa asked me, “You are grounded.” I thought about that and I had decided one thing. “Am going to sneak out… it’s the only way,” I responded. “I want to come with you!” as he said that I saw the excitement on his face. “It’s too risky and if we get caught we are going to be in big trouble,” I warned him. I should have taking my own advised them but I was too stubborn to listen to it.

It was chilly outside so I took my coat and sneak out my window. Of course Rafa was waiting for me outside with the car ready. We weren’t going to use it but we had to get there somehow. “We have to get back before they notice us or else,” I said. Everyone was there waiting for the big race. I took the car I was going to drive and headed to the race track. As we were about o take off we heard the police coming. I felt like the world was about to end. “Dude we have to go!” Rafa yelled. He jumped in the car and me with him. But as we were heading out a police car stop in front of us and an officer came out.

“GET OUT OF THE CAR!” He said and had a flash light on our face. That night was the worst of all. My mom didn’t stop until I was so miserable. I had grounded for a whole year just to thanks her that she didn’t left me in jail. Rafa had the same luck as me. The worst part was that I had to quit soccer and do community service every Saturday for a year. Since that day I don’t want to know anything about races. It’s just nice to not get involve in things that could get you in trouble.

Last edited by Inad9-J on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashelynxsunshine

PostSubject: Re: Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 am

A mere stare into that house instantly made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. The minute I stepped into that house, I could not move. I felt as though I’d been sucked into a cold, smothering mist that surged forward. Its thudding heartbeat racing, pounding against my forehead like hammer blows. The echo of a scream beat against my mind, and I gasped in panic, trembling uncontrollably. When my mom shouted to me, it shattered the mist and I regained myself slowly. But I felt as though that slight feeling of paranoia haunted me, followed me. The unbareable feeling that something was watching over me drove me crazy on the inside. There was something horrible in this house and it had reached out and touched me.

“MOM! I told you. This house, it’s this house. There’s something here, ma. I know there is.” I told my mom as I stobbed nervously.
“Oh don’t be silly Ashy. Don’t start again with that imagination of yours. We leave one town to start the same thing in another. Are you kidding me? We’ve been here for two days, Ashy, TWO DAYS! Don’t ruin this for us!”
“You don’t get it do you. It’s not the first time this has happened to me, mom. Why don’t you just listen? I’m NOT lying! Oh forget it.” I shouted as I forcefully stormed upstairs to my room.

The nights in that house that did get any better. I tried to fall I sleep, but that eerie screech for help, “ayudame!” was all I could hear. It echoed in my mind and I ached for the woman who had cried out with such desperation. Had she call for me? But why had the women chosen to contact me? There must be a reason. I was exhausted, and that voice had not make it any better. “Help me…” I heard at a faint whisper in my left ear, “…necesito ayuda…”

The next morning had turned out fairly normal, ironically. I woke up to a fresh smell of lavender and the sweet sunshine that peaked through the cracks of the blinds.
“Honey, time for breakfast! Get down, here”, a yawned a bit and creeped out of bed slowly. “Thump, thump, creeeeek!” A creek in the floorboards, that’s not normal. I tried again, “thump, thump, creek!”. I took a closer look to notice that there was a small crack in the floorboard. “That’s unusual”, I bent over and gave it a tug. The thing put up no fight, it simply popped out. I stuck my hand under it to find a letter stating:

Dear Maria Rosalina,
We were horrified to hear that your daughter had died from pneumonia this winter. Our family was greatly saddened to hear this news and to your family we give all our deep condolences.

With best Regards,
The Smith Family
“Now, this is all making sense to me! This woman, was no woman, but just young girl calling for my attention, what a relief.” A huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. “Maybe she chose me, since she felt more comfortable. Phew. She just wanted my attention.”

From that day, the paranormal had almost completely vanished but when it did occur, I wasn’t afraid. I got that feeling of paranoia here & there but the big mystery had been solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHRISTYINALOVE3

PostSubject: Re: Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 pm

ashelynxsunshine wrote:
A mere stare into that house instantly made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. The minute I stepped into that house, I could not move. I felt as though I’d been sucked into a cold, smothering mist that surged forward. Its thudding heartbeat racing, pounding against my forehead like hammer blows. The echo of a scream beat against my mind, and I gasped in panic, trembling uncontrollably. When my mom shouted to me, it shattered the mist and I regained myself slowly. But I felt as though that slight feeling of paranoia haunted me, followed me. The unbareable feeling that something was watching over me drove me crazy on the inside. There was something horrible in this house and it had reached out and touched me.

“MOM! I told you. This house, it’s this house. There’s something here, ma. I know there is.” I told my mom as I stobbed nervously.
“Oh don’t be silly Ashy. Don’t start again with that imagination of yours. We leave one town to start the same thing in another. Are you kidding me? We’ve been here for two days, Ashy, TWO DAYS! Don’t ruin this for us!”
“You don’t get it do you. It’s not the first time this has happened to me, mom. Why don’t you just listen? I’m NOT lying! Oh forget it.” I shouted as I forcefully stormed upstairs to my room.

The nights in that house that did get any better. I tried to fall I sleep, but that eerie screech for help, “ayudame!” was all I could hear. It echoed in my mind and I ached for the woman who had cried out with such desperation. Had she call for me? But why had the women chosen to contact me? There must be a reason. I was exhausted, and that voice had not make it any better. “Help me…” I heard at a faint whisper in my left ear, “…necesito ayuda…”

The next morning had turned out fairly normal, ironically. I woke up to a fresh smell of lavender and the sweet sunshine that peaked through the cracks of the blinds.
“Honey, time for breakfast! Get down, here”, a yawned a bit and creeped out of bed slowly. “Thump, thump, creeeeek!” A creek in the floorboards, that’s not normal. I tried again, “thump, thump, creek!”. I took a closer look to notice that there was a small crack in the floorboard. “That’s unusual”, I bent over and gave it a tug. The thing put up no fight, it simply popped out. I stuck my hand under it to find a letter stating:

Dear Maria Rosalina,
We were horrified to hear that your daughter had died from pneumonia this winter. Our family was greatly saddened to hear this news and to your family we give all our deep condolences.

With best Regards,
The Smith Family
“Now, this is all making sense to me! This woman, was no woman, but just young girl calling for my attention, what a relief.” A huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. “Maybe she chose me, since she felt more comfortable. Phew. She just wanted my attention.”

From that day, the paranormal had almost completely vanished but when it did occur, I wasn’t afraid. I got that feeling of paranoia here & there but the big mystery had been solved.

I THOUGHT THAT THIS STORY HAS A GOOD BEGINNING MIDDLE AND END. IT MADE ME WANT TO KEEP ON READING THE STORY. I GOT SO INTERESTED INTO IT AND THAT IS WHAT A GOOD STORY SHOULD REQUIRE. cheers IT ROCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xstarmoonkillz

PostSubject: Rose's and Kevin's story..   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Dreams...
Kevin and Rose

There was once a young boy who's name was Jake. He was a special little boy, whom only used to play with his toy. He was very shy and constantly would hide from newcomers. With this troubling him, he was sadly always alone to wander off and have adventures on his own. Who could he share his adventures with? He had almost no friends, and he usually kept to himself anyways. Nobody could really explain what provoked this insecurity with himself, nor his sense of curiosity. Rumors were made, of course, that he had gone through troubles with his parents, which would explain why he didn't trust adults. Others said that he was shy around kids because a lot of them picked on him. Nobody knew exactly what was wrong with him, but they were always amused anyways with his unusuality. The stories he would be able to tell were always eventful, and not boring in the slightest. He didn't really share them with anybody, so all he could do was dream.

One normal ordinary Saturday, little Jake had nothing to do. His mother was out buying the groceries... so he was left home alone. She would not be back for hours he guessed, being that it was a Saturday. She was probably going to hang out with her friends, and be home late. So on this ordinary Saturday, he decided to go off into the woods alone with his companion. No, it wasn't a friend per say, but none other than the closest thing to him in the world; his teddy bear. Even he was not sure why he had walked into the woods, but he felt the need to, as if some outside force was looking down upon him and controlling his actions. He didn't even like the woods. He was young, alone, and utterly afraid of the dangers that lurked behind the trees in the woods. His feet dragged on as sunlight left him, and started to explore the forest.

He walked for hours and was pretty sure where he was. He had never been in the woods before, but for some reason he had the feeling that he had been in them every single day of his life. He felt like he knew the woods inside and out, and could draw a map showing the woods exactly how they looked. Yet, it was getting dark rapidly and with the darkness came the shadows and creepers. This gave him an odd feeling but since he he was odd himself he wasn't so worried. He had been in stranger places before this, and so far he had found that there was nothing to fear in the woods. In fact, he actually found his walk quite pleasant, refreshing, and calming. He treaded through the forest until he finally decided to walk the direction he believed was the way home.

At first, Jake was sure that he'd reach home before it got really late. He was anxious to get home with the darkness enclosing around him, threathaning to swallow him at any given moment. Yet, he grew with worry, as the walk that was supposed to take mere minutes was becomming an hour. As much as he tried to prevent it, he could not keep the panic welling up inside him to slowly start taking over. Panic never helped, and he knew that if he panicked now, he would never reach home. Panic may actually make things worse. However, he was bright and intuative so he devised himself a plan. An odd plan, thought useful. While he had explored these woods, he had marked off different landmarks he believed were a gift from nature. And right in front of him, was on of the landmarks he had seen before. A small lilaac that seemed so lonely, but was growing in a forest in which no flowers were present. He smiled to himself and looked down. Sure enough, there were marks from where he had stepped before.

As Jake continued walking foward, he found a few of those markings he had recognized before. Some of these included an extremely tall oak tree, a bush filled with colorful berries, another plant with flourescent colors, and much more! While walking, he kept admiring the landmarks he's pointed out to himself, and pretty soon, he found his way home. The walk had taken just a couple of minutes, but he wished that it could have gone on before. As he walked along the road that led to his home, he couldn't help but feel regret for leaving the woods. He had been scared at first, but now he loved it there. Eventually, he saw his home and admired what was his. Happily, he walked in. There was nobody inside, so he went directly to his room, and layed down across his bed. He was extremely tired. He didn't close his eyes. Slowly and surely, everything started going pitch black and soon bright as the sun came up and woke him up from his long dream. He smiled to himself, and thought, "I'll be back tonight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyboo22

PostSubject: Re: Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:21 pm

The Best Friend Lovers
By: Jennifer Valdez
Amber Seda
Angel Sanchez

In the ghetto streets of Brooklyn, Robert was sitting in his room pondering about his long-lasting crush on Tatiana. “ The way the sun plays upon her black luscious curls. The way her big hazel eyes would shine underneath the luminescent moonlight.” Robert was thinking of when he was writing this poem for Tatyana.What he didn’t realize was he couldn’t possibly be in love with her, for she only saw him as a best friend.
That morning in the hallways P.S. of 180 Tatiana and Robert bumped into each other and as Robert looked up he gazed into those beautiful hazel eyes that were so mesmerizing. She asked him questioning, “Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?” it took him a while to reply but finally he was able to gaze out of those eyes and say, "No. Your just really beautiful today.” After that they went on with their day and met up later to walk home together. On their walk home they begin discussing the English project but to avoid any questions Tatiana may have Robert doesn’t tell her that he’s going to write a poem.
“ Yo!! What’s good my boy!” says Robert as he walks up to best friends Jose and James who were waiting for him at his house. As the boys walk inside Robert starts telling them about his love for Tatiana and how he wants to write a poem for her to show his caring for her as more than a friend. Jose and James begin laughing like a pack of wild hyenas saying he’s a sucker for love. They tell him that love is nothing and it’s just phase and how soon he will realize he only loves her as a friend. Once his friends leave Robert is filled with disappointment and goes upstairs to his room and calls him over to talk to her.
“What’s wrong, my son? Is it about Tatiana?” his concerned mother asked. Robert looks up surprised at the fact that his mom knows and begins to explain; “ Mom I don’t know what to do. The boys are telling me it’s just a phase but my mind, heart and soul is telling me otherwise. I wrote a poem for her and I don’t know what to do with it because she only looks at me as best friends. And I know well enough that best friends are off limits.” His mother laughed saying, “that’s just crazy talk, your father and I were best friends when we started dating and look at us now. Haven’t u heard of the saying ‘best friends make the best lovers. Don’t listen to your friends, listen to your heart and tell her how you truly feel.
It was just another day in the park for Robert and Tatiana (or so she thought.) Tatiana was flabbergasted to see what was laid out for her; all the roses and the poem that lied right in front of her. As she read it tears of joy came to her eyes as she realized that the man she loved for so long, loves her back. Robert pops out casually saying if she liked his poem. Tatiana jumped up saying, “I loved it, and I love you too.” As a big smile spread across his face, she ran into his arms and they kissed passionately as the sun was setting. They were happily together throughout their high school years and now they will stay together for years to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miriamzamudio19

PostSubject: Maria Echevarria and Miriam Zamudio narrative   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:23 pm

“I turn on my radio and the song playing is “My Funny Valentine” and it’s just a constant reminder on how much I miss the love of my life. It’s only been a year since the last time I had a glimpse of him and it’s killing me.Killing me softly with maxium pain. No matter how much I cry I know it’s not going to bring him back. The way we fell for each other was a classic tale of Clark Gable and Caroline Lombard. It’s amusing on how he seemed to look like the Gone with The Wind star and his stare was uncanny.
At first I despised Kane with all my heart. The girls fell to his feet like wilted flowers and I was one to challenge his fortitude. Kane was obnoxious, cocky, and I detested him with every fiber in my body. Kane took me up as a challenge. I repeatedly conveyed my disgust for him. In Kane’s eyes I was the one for him and he would not rest till I would go on a date with him. It came to the point were all the girls in my politics college course resented me. No longer did I have friends because most of the girls had a crush on Kane and I was standing in their way to date him.
For example one time in my politics class, Kane was excessively staring at me. I had to respond to his actions.
“Stop looking at me that way!” I yelled at Kane.
I turned to walk out the classroom and I felt cold stares coming from the girls in the back of me. I hear someone whisper and I turned around again.
“What did you say?” I hollered
Janine walked up and replied “I said stop trying to pretend you don’t like Kane.”
“I don’t! As a matter a fact he’s cocky and arrogant. Two qualities I don’t socialize with.” I walked away with my head held high.
When I got home my roommate Cary tried to convince me to go on a blind date.
“Hey, Kat do you mind going on a blind date. I promised a guy in my psychology class that I would set you two up.” Cary asked.
“Oh, no Cary! I don’t do well with blind dates. You know that!”
“Come on please it’ll be fun.”
“Yeah, I am sure.” With a bit of sarcasm in my voice.
“Please! Please! Please!”
“Fine, only because you had promised. I Joseph, you deserve to be blown by me it when people turn back on their word. So I will save you this just once. What’s his name?”
“Uhhhh…His name…His name….is Frank! Frank! That’s his name” with a nervous giggle.
For some reason I had a feeling Cary was lying to me, but I just brushed it off.
“OOk, when is it?”
“Friday night at eight. It’s at the Dolce on Conveyer Blvd. You know were that is don’t you?”
“I am going to have to meet him there?”
“Yup”
I huffed and I walked off.
It was Friday and it was 7:35. I was extremely nervous considering the fact I didn’t know who it was. In a way it irritated me like crazy. I drove off and I knew I was a bit early.
I walked in with my lavish, light, brown hair and flowy black dress. My red lips accentuated the dress perfectly. I was ready even if the guy wasn’t a knockout I sure as well would be.
When I observed who was my date I was going to go insane. Out of all the people in the world it was Kane! I couldn’t believe Cary lied to me. I tried to depart from his side, but he convinced me to continue with the date.
“I see you don’t get enough of the insults I tell you everyday” I exclaimed.
“Guess not.” Kane replied.
“Just because I am here doesn’t mean I am enjoying myself”
“Sure your not”
“I am not! You are unreliable and you live life based on your parents’ credit card!”
“Katherine just because I have parents who can afford to spare me the cash, don’t be jealous.”
All his words seem to be sarcastic in a sense and I was not having it.
“What? Are you kidding me? I spit on people like you. People like you don’t deserve respect.”
I walked away but half way through the restaurant I went back. I dumped a glass of cold ice water on Kane. The water drenched his black silk shirt and gray slacks. Kane just smiled and I just became tremendously aggravated. Kane ran his hand through his hair making it messy. A black strand of hair covered part of his brown eyes.
“You know what Katherine you are going to fall for me and your gonna fall for me hard. I promise you that!”
“I highly doubt that” I said as I walked away.
The following week in class my politics professor assigned a project to write an essay on the upcoming elections. The two people to win get to go to an elite party. I was determined to win. For five strenuous weeks I worked on the essay. Making sure every portion of the essay is up to caliber.
The following month the politics professor announced I was one of the winners of the contest. He would not release the name of the other winner, but he did say I can bring a date. I pondered on who to bring and decided to bring a boy from my performing arts class, who I have had interest in for a while.
The day had come and I was running late. My long white beaded gown was just right for the occasion. I had my hair in a bun and subtle eye makeupand roaring red lips. I looked like a million bucks. Jerry, the boy in my performing arts class looked snazzy himself.
We were at the party and Jerry was boring me half to death. Jerry was self centered, he made Kane look like mother Teresa. All I heard coming from Jerry’s mouth was blah blah. I was highly annoyed. Only if someone would come and rescue me from this torment.
“Excuse me my lady and good sir. Could I please have this dance, Katherine?”
It was Kane. Jerry had a defensive face on. I still managed to get to the dance floor. At the same time the song “My Funny Valentine” by Chaka Khan began to play. It was beautiful. In a way I was relieved to see Kane. Kane out did himself again. Kane was wearing a formfitting Armani suit. It fit him to the tea.
“I see you’re not upset at me anymore” started Kane with a slight wit.
“Well, I think I over exaggerated a little. Sorry for throwing the water in your face.”
“A little?”
“Maybe a lot”
“All is forgiven.”
“By the way thanks for saving me from Jerry. I was dying out there.”
“You’re not the only one. My date is a flop as well.”
“Who did you bring?”
“I brought Janine. Talk about a mistake.”
As he dipped me we both chuckled and his laughter was so charming. You could get lost in his eyes. I find myself falling for him.
“How bout we ditch this place?” asked Kane.
“What about them?” as I pointed to Janine and Jerry.
“I have an idea.”
I stood in the middle of the dance floor as Kane was walking towards Janine.I was scared because I don’t like to be the persom inflicting pain on people who enjoy mycompany,which was something he certainly enjoyed.
“Are you coming or not?”
Kane took me by the hand and he introduced Jerry and Janine. We later excused ourselves from Janine and Jerry. Both were giving dirty looks, but at that specific moment in time I had no concerns. We raced out of the party with coats in tow. It was like Bonnie and Clyde running away.
Kane convinced me to go for ice cream and in his Mercedes we drove to the waterfront. The sky was clear and crystal blue. The moon seemed larger and closer than before. It was completely romantic. I began to have feelings for him and I was fighting myself. In a way I was comfortable and he spoke truthful. Letting me know how his life really is.
At five years old his brother died and it was his only other sibling he had. Kane revealed to me he never lets his barrier down for his fear for getting hurt. For the first time I met the real Kane. This would be the Kane I fell in love with.
The next three years were marvelous. He became my best friend and I became his. The night he proposed was at the waterfront. Eating ice cream and watching the stars. I was wearing a white dress and it flowed in the wind. As he got on his knees he said “Katherine we’ve been knowing each other for a while now and um…I am wondering if you’ll marry me?”
“Ahhh….of course”
He told me how wonderful and he’ll go get the car from the parking lot. It took him a while to get the car and I screamed his name and got no response. I ran towards the parking lot and noticed legs sticking out a corner. It was Kane, he wasn’t breathing. I screamed and hollered. I called the police and what seemed like forever they arrived. It was too late and he was gone.
To cut a long story short the murderer was John Wilfred and he robbed Kane of both his money and his life. A man I would never want to see ever in my life. He destroyed everything.
Now I live by myself and haven’t fully recovered from Kane’s death. Will I ever find true love again? Only God knows.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zomgWATAbarbie
Co-admin

PostSubject: Re: Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Barbie's Nightmare
By Sue Cruz and Aris Corcino

What’s tall and slim, beautiful and thin and has a name like Barbie doll? It’s Barbie just so you know, it and this time she will show it that her world’s going to be all pink, pink, and pink. One day Barbie goes up to Ken and says, ”I would love a pink car. A pink car that drives fast and goes far.” Then Ken says, “Of course Barbie, anything for you. I’ll buy you pink outfits, a plane, or canoe. Anything pink for Barbie, that’s what it’s all about, no matter what the price is, I’ll never feel a doubt.” Ken scurried away to purchase the car that drove so fast and yet so far. In a matter of hours, Ken honked the horn and to Barbie’s amazement, the car she adored was waiting for her at the front porch.
“I want a pink house, pink furniture, I want pink poodles, even a pink nature.”
“Pink nature?” Ken laughed. “Is that even possible?”
“Of course.” Barbie said. “My wishes are unstoppable.”
As Ken agreed, he fled away to make Barbie happy he did all she had said. He hired many people to fulfill her requests, weeks to seem to fly, and when the time went by, Barbie was the happiest doll alive. Everything was pink and she avoided all other colors, “Thank you Ken doll.” She held him with a smother. Ken doll was pleased, felt accomplished, to grant Barbie’s unstoppable wishes.
“Any else?” Ken had repeatedly asked, “No, but I’m going to take a nap”, she laughed. Barbie kissed Ken and went to her pink bed, closed her eyes and snuggled with her head.
Barbie woke up to a colorless world, no more colors for the colorless girl. “Where are all the colors? Where’s all the pink? I can’t take this already, I want back everything!” Barbie kept yelling as she exploded into tears, evolving a type of fear. “Is this some kind of joke? Or a lesson perhaps?” Barbie questioned herself and wondered how long it would last.
Out came out Ken doll, looking colorless with everything else, and Barbie stopped him real fast and began to shout, “Help Ken, help! Where are we? Where are all the colors?”
“What do you mean?” Ken asked, “Black and white for the better.”
Barbie freaked out, this couldn’t be real, and she began to think of all the colors and knew how they would feel. “I should be grateful,” she said, “I need reds, blues, and yellows. I just need every color now!” Barbie had bellowed.
Barbie woke up, screaming aloud, Ken ran in asking, “What and how?”
“Ken” She began, “This pink isn’t for me. I want yellows, and reds, blues, and greens.” I want a colorful place, or even a white palace, green open grass, blue wide skies, bushy forest trees roaring up high.”
Ken looked at her as if going insane, “Therefore, you’re saying, no more pinks my sunshine?”
Barbie had smiled and said, “For just a little time.”

love_mayrax14

PostSubject: mayra and silvia personal narrative   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 pm

She had golden blond locks, the most gleaming smile and a heart like no others;
the heart of an angel hovering above her beauty was a luminous halo of her own.
It was the only image of a mother I never had, an image engraved in my heart. I
am an orphan, my infant body left at the doorstep of Johannes Hospital that
tepid spring of 1985 by someone said to be a woman; I was left there to my fate,
to my destiny. Thus, beyond my pain is a strong commitment to find my mother.

To my bad luck I was left, abandoned, no traces to track a parent down, not much true
evidence. The only evidence that distinguished me from all the others was a paw like
birthmark on my left wrist. But, I didn’t think much of it. On the other hand, I was left an
unconditional friend. He was someone who possessed the characteristics of a loyal friend.
He was the one who had been there in all those foster homes and at every downhill slope
of my lonesome pain. It was a stuffed animal I cared for most dearly. I named him Willy when I was about five.

One day as I sat with Willy on the community park I decided to play with some of
the other kids, while Willy sat and watched. Near sunset I decided to head home
and suddenly I remembered I had left Willy on the bench. I figured he would
still there because to everyone but me he was just an antique raggedy bear. To
me he symbolized much more. He was my only hope of ever finding my mother.

Alarmed at the unexpected panorama that faced me I looked around
frantically. I was awestruck by the desolate bench. Where Willy once laid was a
bare slate of manila wood. He was ripped away just the way I was left alone by
my mother.

As my eyes continued to search frantically from corner to corner a woman familiar
to my memory approached me. Her cerulean eyes held one focus, my wrist. To my
surprise she held Willy on her right hand. I urged her to return him but she disregarded
my command and maintained the focus on my wrist. She held my left hand and turned it
over gingerly passing her delicate fingers through my paw birthmark. She laid her wrist
next to mine revealing the unexpected. The exotic birthmark was engraved in her fair skin
as well. Tears rolled down both of our eyes for we knew we had found each other…

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)   

Back to top Go down

Personal Narrative with conflict (somebody...)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1