1)Can You See the Pride in the Panther

Can You See the Pride In the Panther
As he grows in splendor and grace
Topling obstacles placed in the way,
of the progression of his race.
Can You See the Pride In the Panther
as she nurtures her young all alone
The seed must grow regardless
of the fact that it is planted in stone.
Can You See the Pride In the Panthers
as they unify as one.
The flower blooms with brilliance,
and outshines the rays of the sun.

Tupac Shakur

2)
Ambition Over Adversity

Take one's adversity
Learn from their misfortune
Learn from their pain
Believe in something
Believe in yourself
Turn adversity into ambition
Now blossom into wealth

Tupac Shakur

3) In The Depths of Solitude

i exist in the depths of solitude
pondering my true goal
trying 2 find peace of mind
and still preserve my soul
constantly yearning 2 be accepted
and from all receive respect
never comprising but sometimes risky
and that is my only regret
a young heart with an old soul
how can there be peace
how can i be in the depths of solitude
when there r 2 inside of me
this duo within me causes
the perfect oppurtunity
2 learn and live twice as fast
as those who accept simplicity

Tupac Shakur

4) The Rose that Grew from Concrete

Did you hear about the rose that grew
from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it
learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else ever cared.

Tupac Shakur

5)Fallen Star

They could never understand
what u set out 2 do
instead they chose 2
ridicule u
when u got weak
they loved the sight
of your dimming
and flickering starlight
How could they understand what was so intricate
2 be loved by so many, so intimate
they wanted 2 c your lifeless corpse
this way u could not alter the course
of ignorance that they have set
2 make my people forget
what they have done for much 2 long
2 just forget and carry on
I had loved u forever because of who u r
and now I mourn our fallen star

Tupac Shakur

6) the Event of My Demise

In the event of my Demise
when my heart can beat no more
I Hope I Die For A Principle
or A Belief that I had Lived 4
I will die Before My Time
Because I feel the shadow's Depth
so much I wanted 2 accomplish
before I reached my Death
I have come 2 grips with the possibility
and wiped the last tear from My eyes
I Loved All who were Positive
In the event of my Demise

Tupac Shakur

Zheack, the falcon demon

Avenged Sevenfold- Afterlife
Atreyu- Two become one
Slipknot- Before i forget

Last edited by Colombiankl on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miriamzamudio19

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:47 pm

My favorite poem is Ambition over Adversity, I think that this poem is inspirational because it teaches you a lesson your should always keep in mine. The lesson presented in this poem show that you should learn from your misfortune instead of dwelling back to that misfortune. You should learn what each misfortune is trying to teach you and remember it so that you can move on and not dwell on it.
Most of my favorite poems have some type of lesson that can be learn from the poem in order to improve your life and you must learn to unscramble the lesson behind each poem and take in account that advice. Like the poem Ambition over adversity, which has a universal lesson that we should at take in consideration and apply it to our life.

Last edited by miriamzamudio19 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHRISTYINALOVE3

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:59 pm

My favorite poem is The Rose that Grew from Concrete. I think this poem shows the emotion and it fascinates me with its certain words. The poem not only grabs my attention but it pulls it in and to me, show a way for a simple rose to grow out of concrete. This explains miracles and it brings a certain feeling to me. It feels sad when it says, "Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared." That was the memorable line in the whole poem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmedes223

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:02 pm

The poem I liked the most is the rose through the concrete.It shows tenderness and how any one who seems to have qualities thats eem cold can love.In Oedipus he didn't strike me as loving.Overall you see the wall crumble down and see his love for his daughters Antigone and Imene.It's a very hope driven poem.
The poem states how the rose comes though the concrete.Almost representing to me the concrete a heart.The flower represents love. Love not only in a romantic manner but also loving as in a friendly or of family love.That no matter how cold a person seems ,not matter how sheltered they are love always overcomes every obstacle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xstarmoonkillz

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Colombiankl wrote:

4) The Rose that Grew from Concrete

Did you hear about the rose that grew
from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it
learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else ever cared.

Tupac Shakur

I enjoyed the poem because of the simple and valiant rose it talked about. I can in a sense relate to the rose because its saying how a rose that grew from a crack in the concrete its saying the rose did everything possible to get there even if people never noticed or took close attention to the rose. No one cared yet the rose did it for itself although it was never noticed by anyone. I truly believe it's saying there that the greatest people who do great things may go unnoticed by the public but its known for what they did even if they don't go famous about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyboo22

PostSubject: AMBITION OVER ADVERSITY....   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:05 pm

OUT OF ALL THE POEMS I LIKED AMBITION OVER ADVERSITY THE BEST BECAUSE IT RELATES TO OEDIPUS THE MOST. FOR EXAMPLE,THE FIRST TWO LINES(TAKE ONE'S ADVERSITY...LEARN FROM THEIR MISFORTUNE) DESCRIBES THE DIFFICULTIES OEDIPUS GOES THROUGH FIGURING OUT HIS CURSED PAST. THEN THERE WAS THE THIRD LINE (LEARN FROM THEIR PAIN...BELIEVE IN SOMETHING) DESCRIBES HOW OEDIPUS LEARNS AND BECOMES WISE AFTER HE BLINDS HIMSELF BY STABBING HIS EYES;THEN HE BELIEVED IN ANTIGONE TO MAKE SURE SHE WOULDN'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES. FINALLY THE LAST TWO LINES (TURN ADVERSITY INTO AMBITION...NOW BLOSSOM INTO WEALTH) WHICH DESCRIBES OEDIPUS' DRIVE TO DIE THE WAY HE WANTS TO AND ANTIGONE MADE SURE HER BROTHER DIED THE RIGHT WAY;AND OEDIPUS DIED THE WAY HE WANTED TO. THEY BLOSSOMED THEIR OWN MISFORTUNE INTO THEIR OWN KIND OF WEALTH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mzm

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:21 am

I think the "Depths of Solitude" realtes most to Anigone, who was staunch in her cause, even though it cost her her life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uriel20

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:13 pm

The poem i like the best was "Ambition Over Adversity". I like this poem the best because what it says is mostly true. We need to learn about others misforunes and our own. If we dont learn from this we might go throught it and not even realize it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babygurl24

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 am

Ambition over Adversity
This poem really caught my attention. I thought that it connected to Oedipus in a way. The poem says to take an adversity or obstacle and turn it into ambition which is exactly what Oedipus did. He learned from his misfortune which is what the poem states. His misfortune being when he found out about his wife also being his mother and how he was the one who killed his father.After experincing such a horrible misfortune he turns the misfortune around and learned from it. He became a wise man and took great care of Antigone so that she wouldn't make the same mistake and end up a blind person like her father. Oedipus was also able to die the proper way and with his pride which was the whole point of the poem; to learn from your misfortune and prosper from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HUERTA34

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Can You See the Pride in the Panther is the poem that most resembles Oedipus' journey and persona throughout the novel. The verse As he grows in splendor and grace, Topling obstacles placed in the way is a mirrored image of how Oedipus killed his father (his father being the obstacle) in order to continue the voyage he was taking. The following verse The seed must grow regardless -of the fact that it is planted in stone, is a metaphoric comparison of how Oedipus was born to doom, to sin as he states throughout the story thus finding a way to get past his misfortune with the aid of his daughters Ismene and mainly Antigony. Overall, this poem is of great reflection to Oedipus' role in the plays we have read.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Colombiankl wrote:

In The Depths of Solitude

pondering my true goal
how can there be peace
the perfect oppurtunity

Tupac Shakur

I agree with Ms. M about this poem relating to Antigone. Antigone's story is about how Creon was preventing any person from burying the body of Antigone's brother, Polyneices. Antigone tries to talk to Ismene about burying the body anyways, but Ismene tries to talk Antigone out of it. Antigone tells her that she would not have peace of mind until she properly buried the body, and she didn't care what the concequences were. She just wanted to be accepted and have respect, but she didn't care that she was taking a huge risk here. She just wanted to have her brother rest in peace, so she would be able to rest in peace.

Zheack, the falcon demon

Avenged Sevenfold- Afterlife
Atreyu- Two become one
Slipknot- Before i forget
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drzchula

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:44 pm

3) In The Depths of Solitude

pondering my true goal
how can there be peace
the perfect oppurtunity

Tupac Shakur

This is the poem i like the most. I like it the most because it shows how important it is to know yourself. Also how important is respect for you to live live peacefully. Additionally the part where the author says "a young heart with an old soul" to me that means that no matter in what situation you are, for example in solitude, you should always try to make the best out of it just like a young person would do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
love_mayrax14

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Even though, many people choose to write about Ambition over Adversity, I still want to let people know of my opinion. As soon as i saw it, it captured my attention. For instance, adversity means hardship and suffering, I related it to a quote that says "you have to go through the pain to experience the joy." You have to work so hard and you are frustated but eventually all that work will someday pay off. Also, you have to have motivation and determination to do better and someday you will prosper and be succesful. If you believe so strongly in something, you will get it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inad9-J

PostSubject: Danivia Zuniga   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 pm

5)Fallen Star

They could never understand
what u set out 2 do
instead they chose 2
ridicule u
when u got weak
they loved the sight
of your dimming
and flickering starlight
How could they understand what was so intricate
2 be loved by so many, so intimate
they wanted 2 c your lifeless corpse
this way u could not alter the course
of ignorance that they have set
2 make my people forget
what they have done for much 2 long
2 just forget and carry on
I had loved u forever because of who u r
and now I mourn our fallen star

Tupac Shakur

This was my favorite poem because it resembles what Antigone thought about her brother. That she was not going to leave him. Like the other people were doing. That they didn't want to give him a funeral or nothing. They consider him a traitor and they treated his body like nothing. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aris228

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:35 pm

The poem "Ambition over Adversity" relates most to Oedipus. I believe this is so because it talks about overcoming his misfortune for example the misfortune of incest and killing his own father. While his success is getting his death the way he desired it. He also learned from the pain he went through ,left to Athens and moved on believing in and loving himself. And at the end he blossomed into lots of wealth, in his caes he blossomed into a strong man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taco

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:43 pm

I immediately connected with the poem "The Rose that Grew from Concrete" because like the rose my dreams are what keeps me alive and motivates me to fulfill that goal at any cost necessary. Like that rose, I will prove everyone who stereotyped immigrants wrong since I know I will triumph in this country. Even though I have met several obstacles, one, that I thought I would never overcome, this dream is starting to become reality. Like that rose, I will grow out of Peru, remember where I came from and prove not only to everyone who doubted me, but more importantly to myself. This poem is a great way to describe a vital part of my life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrHero
Co-admin

PostSubject: Tupac/Oedipus Poems   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Tupac Shakur

Ambition Over Adversity

Take one's adversity
Learn from their misfortune
Learn from their pain
Believe in something
Believe in yourself
Turn adversity into ambition
Now blossom into wealth

Ambition Over Adversity. I chose this poem because I enjoyed the point that the author was trying to get across to the audience. It summarizes the theory of competition and shows how you can learn from others mistakes. If you are wise, you will not let mistakes get you down, but you will take what you learn from mistakes to progress in life. Bad things can not always be that bad. If you use the knowledge you gain from past tragedies, you can make your future even better.

It also says that the good of wealth can grow from nothing. Your dreams can come true from virtually nothing and become great truths. If you strive for your goals, you can reach them no matter what situation you are in. Some common examples can be Esperanza from House On Mango Street, or Elie Wiesel from Night. The both strived to reach their goals, one for survival and one to escape her past. I really enjoy the essence of the poem. You can always reach your goals if you try and to always learn from the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oedipus poems   

Back to top Go down

Oedipus poems
Page 1 of 1