www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Marroyo160




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 11:03 am

MSantos wrote:
when i first saw the book i thought it was going to be boring and i thought that it would be the kind of book that just makes you want to fall asleep.......i was right!



THe reason u didnt like it is because you just didnt understnd the book
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marroyo160




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 11:06 am

No Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romo

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 11:13 am

Marroyo160 wrote:
MSantos wrote:
when i first saw the book i thought it was going to be boring and i thought that it would be the kind of book that just makes you want to fall asleep.......i was right!



THe reason u didnt like it is because you just didnt understnd the book

This is english class, learn how to spell man. Anyways to like the book you have to understand the meaning of it or "read between the lines".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morzat la Para12




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 11:17 am

1. Right from the beginning i knew this book was going to be one of the best book i ever read and it was. This book is one of the best book we read this year.

2. The Burmese hated Orwell because indeed to them he was a traitor.

3. They manipulate them by talking as if they were aware of all the past situations and soft spots.

4. Imperialism- a type of government where it tries to extend it's empire by acquiring new territory.

5. The leaders are seriously influenceing all the people that noone still follows thier own beliefs .

6. In times like this i believe people are demanding war in order to have peace a stable solution needs to be met.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
May1694




PostSubject: Animal Farm responce   Fri May 22, 2009 11:19 am

1) My first impression on the book was confusion and curiosity. I wondered what ninth graders would be reading and learning from a book about animals. Also, I was curious about how the Author would make the comparison from the real world to an animal farm.
2) Burmese hated George Orwell because he talked about what everyone wanted to forget, like what happened to the people during the war. He wasnít a traitor, he was simply telling the world about the events no one would recognize.
3) The book was named ďAnimal FarmĒ because those two words tell a story. It tells the comparison Orwell will make with the war.
4) These forms of government came after WWI because they country was broken and it needed a new government to guide it back to power.
5) Imperialism is extending your rule over a foreign country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShaJaMaXPro




PostSubject: Animal Farm: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 11:20 am

What were your first impressions of the book? scratch
When I first heard of the book Animal Farm the first thing that came to mind was "we're going to read a book about farm animals?" When we started reading the book, it took me a while to figure out what was going on but eventually I understood. They animals are fighting to survive.

Why did Burmese hate George Orwell? Was he a traitor?
I don't believe he hated George Orwell. Every person has the right to speak their mind, animal or human.

Theme: Betrayal, Deceit

Title: ANimal Farm
Why would he name it "Animal Farm"
I believe he named it animal farm because every person is an animal. I believe we all are animals. We are the animals and the world is our farm.

Why or how did all of these forms of government come after WWI?
The way the animals were treated was the reason. No animal, or person, deserves to be treated without respect.

What is imperialism?
Extending a rule over foreign countries.

How do you define truth?
Truth is when a person doesn't lie. They tell you everything they know and everything that occurred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlAck PoInt




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 11:21 am

1. My first impression of this book was that it was going to have to do with politics and the government.
I was curious to see how Orwell would relate a story on animals living in a farm to politics.

2.The Burmese hated Orwell because indeed to them he was a traitor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angie:)




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 11:22 am

when i first saw the book i thought "animal farm ?" but now as ive read the book it seems to be getting interesting... i guess ill just have to wait and see what else happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qenesis




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Truth is the honesty of people. Even if the truth is sometimes is hard to accept, you are better of knowing the truth than ignoring it because sooner or later it will hunt you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suqarkissesx0




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:21 pm

username12 wrote:
My first impressions of this book was that it was going to be a very boring book but as we began reading it the book actually became interesting

That's good to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dameiby1




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:27 pm

May1694 wrote:
1) My first impression on the book was confusion and curiosity. I wondered what ninth graders would be reading and learning from a book about animals. Also, I was curious about how the Author would make the comparison from the real world to an animal farm.
2) Burmese hated George Orwell because he talked about what everyone wanted to forget, like what happened to the people during the war. He wasnít a traitor, he was simply telling the world about the events no one would recognize.
3) The book was named ďAnimal FarmĒ because those two words tell a story. It tells the comparison Orwell will make with the war.
4) These forms of government came after WWI because they country was broken and it needed a new government to guide it back to power.
5) Imperialism is extending your rule over a foreign country.
WHAT DO YOU THINK KNOW BOUT THE BOOK NOW. RROSA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JN3

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:35 pm

IT IR IE V IE IR wrote:
1.My impressions were that it looked very boring, and the fact that animals could talk seemed very young for a high school novel.
*I agree with you completely since the animals seem very clique.

2.Burmese hated George Orwell simply because of his character and how he treated other. He wasnít a traitor that just him.

3.Its named animal farm because itís about animals that rebel, against the people. Those were mistreated at an animal farm.
* I don't think this makes any sense since your just telling the concept of the story and not "why" they actually wrote it.

4.Imperialism is extending your rule over a foreign country.
*This is a fact.

5.Truth is being honest to people.
*Honestly is being truthful and I agree with you here.

6.Some people say the truth but not all the time itís the full truth, so people usually consider truth sometimes being a way around a lie.
*The truth is not the way around a lie but its complete opposite and its true that some people will take a true situation and stretch it at times to make it seem more interesting.

7.Conspiracy is a secret among two or more people who perform a unlawful act.

8.As humans we arenít doing the right thing, global warming, murder and war. Life isnít about fighting and mistreating each other.
*I don't think that this has anything to do with conspiracies but on the topic of the world all of this is happening out there.

9.The pig is very smart but sly. Its in the form a fairy-take because it gives the pig to express its mental ways that it cant in real life.
*I feel as if you could tell more about the pig since I don't know why it is sly and there is not much of an explanation.

10.Satire is sarcasm. You can get your point across by being true and being mature about whatever youíre talking about.
*This is incorrect since satire is a form of irony and sarcasm intends to hurt while a satire does not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suqarkissesx0




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:37 pm

ShaJaMaXPro wrote:

Why would he name it "Animal Farm"
I believe he named it animal farm because every person is an animal. I believe we all are animals. We are the animals and the world is our farm.

I agree to this because Orwell pretty much tried to interpret the people as animals and how live in a "farm" trying to overpower each other and trying to gain control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex9423




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:39 pm

[quote="ShaJaMaXPro"]What were your first impressions of the book? scratch
When I first heard of the book Animal Farm the first thing that came to mind was "we're going to read a book about farm animals?" When we started reading the book, it took me a while to figure out what was going on but eventually I understood. They animals are fighting to survive.

Why did Burmese hate George Orwell? Was he a traitor?
I don't believe he hated George Orwell. Every person has the right to speak their mind, animal or human.

Theme: Betrayal, Deceit

Title: ANimal Farm
Why would he name it "Animal Farm"
I believe he named it animal farm because every person is an animal. I believe we all are animals. We are the animals and the world is our farm.

Why or how did all of these forms of government come after WWI?
The way the animals were treated was the reason. No animal, or person, deserves to be treated without respect.

What is imperialism?
Extending a rule over foreign countries.

How do you define truth?
Truth is when a person doesn't lie. They tell you everything they know and everything that occurred




I do not agree with the fact that you said that he did not hate George Orwell. Other than that every answer is well written and seems to make valid points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karla_hearts




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:43 pm

9. No we not doing the right thing because people treat animals bad, since animals can't defend themselves they treat them bad.
10. The symbol of a pig shows how government get dirty, lazy, but most of all "Fat" by the peoples hard work.
11. Satire isn't the only way to get your point across. there more ways but you just need to use your own words correctly.
12. Orwell make certain choices in his book to express his feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mdejesus013




PostSubject: animal farm answers   Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Is satire the only way to get your point across?
A. "He insisted on telling people precisely what they did not want to hear."
B. "He was that political figure all politicians fear."
C. "He insisted on telling the truth even when the truth is inconvenient."

Why does Orwell make certain choices in his book?
-Every government is corrupt.
-Alternative motive.
-Historical perspective
-The governments mistreatment of animals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JN3

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 pm

LG630 wrote:
What were your first impressions on the book?
When first receiving the animal farm book i really did not expect to read the story that i am reading right now. Actually i was expecting to read a childish story having to deal with a couple animals on a farm. In reality, I am reading a book that deals with corruption in government disguised as a revolution on a farm.
*I agree with you since the fact that we're reading about animals just reminds me of my childhood days with the three little pigs and thats not interesting now a days.

What imperialism?
Imperialism is extending your rule over a foreign country.

How do you define "truth"?
Truth is coming clean about a situation and telling the complete story and not leaving out one single part.
*This ins exactly what I wrote; you just cleared up all of the parts I left unclear.

Does truth change in forms or does our interpretations change or does it stay the same?
Truth can sometimes can be altered. They tell you the part of the truth that you want to hear but end up leaving vital parts of what the real story is.
*During some situations, this does happen and it's good to know that there are others out there that notice that this is going on.

What is considered a conspiracy?
A conspiracy is when a group of people that know a secret and use it to perform a betraying act.

Are we doing the right thing?
No. If we as a country were doing the right thing then we would not be facing any of the global problems that we're dealing with. Not to mention the civil problems we have within our own country.
*Exactly, lies only add on to the mayhem and with people actually coming together to do something illegal is wrong.

Why or how did all of these forms of governments come after WWI?
Countries were so corrupt and desperate for change that they tried anything possible to restabilize themselves.

Is satire the only way to get your point across?
At times sarcasm is the only way to make someone realize what you are trying say. Most of the times you have to tell people the opposite so they can start believing the truth.
*When you tell people the cold hearted truth, they can realize that something is there and its either good or bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mzm

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Explain in detail...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiko345

avatar


PostSubject: JN3 don\''y agree   Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 pm

1.To me the first impresion was that the story would be a fairy tale.
3. I disagree because people were afraid of another horrible battle so they wanted new governmnets to prevent that form happening.
6. I actually agree with this one because a conspiracy is a group of people planning to do something wrong
4. I define truth of being the honest reality of something be it either promblem or a situation
I agree with the rest of the statements because there are similar to my replies to the question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mzm

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:51 pm

[give the novel a chance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex9423




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:51 pm

[quote="JN3"]
IT IR IE V IE IR wrote:
1.My impressions were that it looked very boring, and the fact that animals could talk seemed very young for a high school novel.
*I agree with you completely since the animals seem very clique.

2.Burmese hated George Orwell simply because of his character and how he treated other. He wasnít a traitor that just him.

3.Its named animal farm because itís about animals that rebel, against the people. Those were mistreated at an animal farm.
* I don't think this makes any sense since your just telling the concept of the story and not "why" they actually wrote it.

4.Imperialism is extending your rule over a foreign country.
*This is a fact.

5.Truth is being honest to people.
*Honestly is being truthful and I agree with you here.

6.Some people say the truth but not all the time itís the full truth, so people usually consider truth sometimes being a way around a lie.
*The truth is not the way around a lie but its complete opposite and its true that some people will take a true situation and stretch it at times to make it seem more interesting.

7.Conspiracy is a secret among two or more people who perform a unlawful act.

8.As humans we arenít doing the right thing, global warming, murder and war. Life isnít about fighting and mistreating each other.
*I don't think that this has anything to do with conspiracies but on the topic of the world all of this is happening out there.

9.The pig is very smart but sly. Its in the form a fairy-take because it gives the pig to express its mental ways that it cant in real life.
*I feel as if you could tell more about the pig since I don't know why it is sly and there is not much of an explanation.

10.Satire is sarcasm. You can get your point across by being true and being mature about whatever youíre talking about.
[color=red]*This is incorrect since satire is a form of irony and sarcasm intends to hurt while a satire does not.


I agree with everything you are saying. However your word choice could be better, but overall it is a very good job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mzm

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:52 pm

good point about sarcasm, Josh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mzm

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:53 pm

how does the novel's political factors impact our lives today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mdejesus013




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:53 pm

What were your first impressions on the book?
at first i thought that this book was boring and was only about animals, but once you start reading, you will notice that its just not about the animals but about more things as well.

Title: Animal Farm
Why would he name it "Animal Farm"
because its about animals in a farm who succeed in taking over.

How do you define "truth?"
its honesty and the authenticity of not changing the words around

Does truth change in forms or does our interpretations change or does it stay the same?
yes because it depends on the person and how they take it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JN3

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Discussion   Fri May 22, 2009 12:54 pm

suqarkissesx0 wrote:
What were your first impressions on the book?
My first impressions were that Animal Farm was going to deal with animals. I thought this booking was going to be more of a fairy tale kind of book, not a book based on the author's political views of his time period.
*I believe that everyone though so at first and once they started reading it, they realized that this novel is more in depth than many other novels out there; it uses a lot of symbolism.

Why would he name it "Animal Farm"?
He would name it Animal Farm because the book is really about animals at a farm who are trying to create their own kind of government and overrule each other.
*This is very true and the title just gives away the entire story, its a farm with/controlled by animals.

What is imperialism?
Imperialism is trying to extend your kind of government or influence to other nations around you.

How do you define "truth?"
I define truth as the opposite of lie. Itís when you tell everything just how it is without leaving anything out, adding anything in, or making anything up.
*Truth is honesty, as I've said before and you said it a little differently however, we are both saying the same idea.

Does truth change in forms or does our interpretations change or does it stay the same?
Truth does change in forms because there are times when you are technically telling the truth but not really the whole truth.
*You cant technically be telling the truth if you leave out parts of an entire story leaving the slightest bit of information out will in fact make it a lie.


Why the symbol of the pig? Why the form of a fairy-tale?
The symbol of the pig is showing how the government gets ďfatĒ off of people. They live off the peopleís hard work and money.
*I agree with this simply because pigs are not relied on as much as the pigs themselves, rely on the people all in all, the pigs are lazy people when it comes to symbolism and so they are just there to fall back and wait until someone supports their every way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
Discussion
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Discussion: Metalphosis Archetype (TDIL)
» Discussion: The Outlands Corrupted
» Esamir Map Discussion Thread
» Newsletters
» Second Life discussion.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com :: Animal Farm :: Animal Farm-
Jump to: