www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com

Gotham Workshop
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Chapter 5 Discussion Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
karla_hearts




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 12:51 pm

1. The animals should worry about what's going on right now.
2. The animals are scared because Napoleon took all the power for himself.
3. Yes, Snowball is as smart as he seems in the book.
4. I think they against each other because they face different political views.
5. Mollie felt happy because she felt that humans were her friends.
6. Not all animals were well educated, but the pigs were the most smart ones because they had books.
7. Snowball wasn't a bad influence, but Napoleon made it seem like Snowball was.
8. The pigs made up the rules because they were the smart ones, no i don't think its right i think everyone should of had a say in this
9. some animals were against the windmill because they agree with Napoleon
10. no the windmill wasn't right because they didn't have the right supplies to construct, the knowledge.
11. Napoleon gets so much respect from the animals because they agree with him.
12. I think the animals who stop doing what they suppose to is the rat.
13. Mollie would rathe be taken care of by the humans because they give her ribbons
14. Yes i think all animals should gather up and front Mollie so she could know how the animals feel
15. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Max713




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Is snowball's plan too far away to reach?
*Not unless every animal disagrees with him.*

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good good or bad for the animals?
*Its generally bad for the animals because in the end Napoleon will end up more of a dictator than a leader.*

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
*Mollie isn't a traitor for following what she believes in. If she didn't like the government on the farm, she had all the right to leave.*

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?
*Yes because now they are the leaders of the farms just as Mr. Jones was before.*

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy?
*Mollie needed the humans to be happy because as long as they're happy, she is happy.*

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?
*At first it was like a competion then it escalated to war.*

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?

Would the world be better if ruled by animals?

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?

Why do you think Napoleon oppose the windmill idea?

What role did the pigeons play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bebaaa =)

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 12:53 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?

Napoleon believes that the animals should worry about the present and not the future.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?

They were terrified because it seemed like napoleon was taking his portion of control to a point where he thinks he is a leader.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?

I think that Snowball is smart.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?

Napoleon felt threatened by snowball because he is so smart. Kind of like politicians because they always try to sound smarter and the way they get the vote is on what they promise and how sure they sound about it.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?

She felt comfortable with humans because they gave her ribbons and sugar cubes.

Are the animals well educated?

They werenít well educated because they didnít go to school but they were kind of smart because they had some way of intelligence because of their rebellion on which they had with the humans.

How was Snowball a bad influence?

Snowball wasnít a bad influence, Napoleon just wanted to blame the misfortune on someone so he blamed Snowball and made everyone believe him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qenesis




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?

even as an animal you know hat is not good to have one person rule over everyone else. A government that is too strong can only get worst unlike a weak government can grow and expand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dameiby1




PostSubject: Chapter 5 quiz. Robert   Wed May 27, 2009 12:54 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do? Napoleon believed that the animals should worry about the problems that they had now, not the ones that will come.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified? The animals were terrified after the confrontation with Mr. Jones, and his fellow farmers.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book? No, I believe that do to the fact that only he has allowed himself to receive and education, he has more gained knowledge then the rest of the animals, however that doesn't make him smarted.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other? In this book Napoleon is Joseph Stalin, and Snowball is Leon Trotsky, who were opposer since Trotsky defended the revolution, and as a response Stalin exiled him.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5? Because she received ribbons and sugar cubes Mollie felt sympathy for the humans in the near farms.

Are the animals well educated? No, only the Pigs are educated, that is part of their plan to educate them selfs to feel superior. The other animals, however had more gained knowledge.

How was Snowball a bad influence? Snowball was not a bad influence, Napoleon led people to believe that Snowball was to blame for everything that went wrong, like in history Stalin lead everyone against Trotsky to later exile.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right? The pigs decided the rules because they were thought to be educated, and smarted then the rest. No, everyone should be given the same education, and then the level of smartness could be equally compared.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why? Some animals rejected the windmill idea because they were manipulated by Napoleon to follow his ideals. He convinced everyone to take care of the problems that they had now and forget about the future.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not? No, the animals had to save their resources for survival for the moment, it was not the best of ideals to use the resources for a experiment that they were not educated to succeed in.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect? He gets the respect because he is educated, while the other can only write their names.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given? Molly was among the first animal to come late to work, and leave in any occasions.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer. Molly rather be taken care of by humans, when given freedom she refused to work for survival and her own food.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie? No, Molly like everyone should work, no one should be given a brake unless there is an important reason for which they can't perform their task.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion? No, like in history, i knew that Napoleon would exile him, as Stalin exiled Trotsky.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why? I think his laws or rules were selfish and for his own benefits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mdejesus013




PostSubject: Robert's question   Wed May 27, 2009 12:54 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
according to napoleon the animals had to worry about their surroundings while they still had the chance because the future can always change.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
the animals in the farm were terrified because napoleon has taken over and has all of the powers in his hands.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
i think that snowball is as smart as they make him seem.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
i think that they are against each other because napoleon knows that snowball is smart and that may affect his plans.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
in the beginning of ch. 5 mollie felt happy with the humans because they were treating her nice and gave her ribbons and sugar cubes.

Are the animals well educated?
the animals aren't well educated because they some of them cant get passed their ABCD's and most cant spell anything but their name.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
snowball wasn't a bad influence because he was just blamed for something that he didn't do and that doesn't make him a bad animal.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
the pigs decide all of the rules because they are the most educated ones there. this isn't right because everyone deserves to learn and be educated, the pigs aren't the only ones and because they are the leaders, they chose to not educate the rest of the animals.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
some animals rejected it because most of them follow the pigs and they rejected the windmill.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not
no because most of them werent educated and didnt have enough skills for this.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
because he is the leader and the most educated.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
she would rather be taken care of humans because they fed her sugar cubes and ribbons.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
yes because they are her friends and it doesn't matter if she left or not she is still part of their family and deserves to be comforted by them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo

avatar


PostSubject: Rob1soul quiz   Wed May 27, 2009 12:54 pm

1. Napoleon believes that the animals should worry about the problems of the moment instead of getting lost in the mix of what will happen in the tomorrow.

2. The animals were terrified because Napoleon just took entire control of the farm and is showing the traits of his previous human owner.

3. Though he was one of the few intelligent pigs he wasn't as smart as Napoleon which chased him out of the farm borders.

4. They are on opposing sides because being pigs they are considered the most witted of the farm there's bound to be competition between the two for leadership.

5. Mollie felt that the humans were her friends because they gave her ribbons and sugar cubes but during the battle she saw the true animosity of humans as they killed a sheep.

6. Well none of the animals are dumb but some like the pigs are the most intelligent with their access to books.

7. Actually Snowball was never a bad influence as he actually cared for the others whereas Napoleon chased out of the farm when he threatened to stop him.

8. Only the pigs make the rules because they are the most intelligent. This isn't ethical but until now it was going just fine.

9. Some of the animals agree with the tyrant Napoleon about he windmill because they should focus on the present instead of the future.

10. I believe that the windmill wasn't the right choice at the time because they needed to increase their supplies for the moment instead of wasting them on things that aren't necessary.
[justify]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JN3

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 12:57 pm

[quote=\\\"Max713\\\"]Is snowball\\\'s plan too far away to reach?
No since he has read the books, they have the power/workforce, and also they have the equippment to do so. All in all, the farm has everything neccesary to actually make the plan work however, it can be far in the sense of how the animals react to it; they might reject it.

Is Napoleon\\\'s forceful possession of power good good or bad for the animals?
It truly depend on what he does with all of that power, whether o not, he\\\'ll use it for the good of the animals or for his own selfish needs. I think its a 50/50 chance at this point in time with the issue of power.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon\\\'s leadership.
The pigs are the ones who will benefit the most from the decisions of Napoleon simply because he will keep the benefits within his own species per say; all in all, the pigs will thrive in all of the benefits that he will come up with .

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
Mollie is not traitor but was so used to the good life when the humans were around; she must have loved the ribbons and all of the attention that the humans would give her since she did break away from this animal utopia. She resembles Elizabeth bentley in the russian revolution simply because she also was a traitor for some country since she was a spy and went to the frontlines in order to get some info. and take down the entire country. Mollie went with the humans and is tking down the animals\\\' utopia with all of the worries about her.

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?
They do take the roles of humans on the farm simply because they are bossing evryone around and telling them what to do and how to do it exactly like when the farmer was around.

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy?
Mollie did not need the humans but wanted them to be happy simply because they gave her a lot of attention and especially ribbons and good food as well (sugar cubes); I just feel as if she wasfeeling empty inside and their was two roads up ahead. She decied to go with the humans instead of staying with her comrades.

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?
Both of these animals just rivalved each other and wanted to help and take down the utopia in such was that once they were able to get their points across they did just that and in the end, Napolean is left to be in control because of his manipulative ways.

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?
We as humans are doing better simply because we can do so much more and are capable of using our minds to put forth things to help all not just one select group like these animals.

Would the world be better if ruled by animals?
No since, animals are just thinking of themsleves most of the time even though this book says otherwise; in the real world its survival of the fittest and thats just how these animals would rule.

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?
I relate the most to Mollie just because sometimes I want to get away form where I am now and start a new however, i have yet to actually do that and run off to, live my life.

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?
Mollie was coming up with excuses simply because she wanted to get away and did not want to do any work at all and so she complained about pains in her body. These excuses were just so that she couldget more sleep and eventually drift off and consult with the humans in secret.

Why do you think Napoleon oppose the windmill idea?

What role did the pigeons play?[/quote]
The pigeons play the role of spies on the farm since they can get away and retrieve info. for all of the animals and warn them of any harms that were coming their way; they are shown to be spies ponce they give info. about mollie and how she was happy with the humans after some time with them.


Last edited by JN3 on Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mamadou-Bah




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm

rob1soul wrote:

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
According to Napoleon the animals have to build a windmill so they can have power to operate the farm and that means less work for the animals to do.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
The animals on the farm were terrified because they just saw Snowball ousted and almost killed by Napoleons henchmen. As a result the animals were frightened that this may happen to them as well.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
I think Snowball isn't as smart as he really is because all I think he is doing is winning the hearts of the animals so he can get rid of Napoleon and gain control of the farm.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
Snowball and Napoleon are against each other because they both feel like they are threatening each other over power. So they in a sense compete to win the approval of the animals so they can oust one another.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
Mollie felt that change was not her thing and she wanted to eat sugar again and have ribbons on her hair. So in the beginning of the chapter she felt a longing for the past.

Are the animals well educated?
Only Napoleon and Snowball are well educated. This means that Napoleon and Snowball are both smart enough to manipulate the other animals who aren't as smart.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
Snowball for the most part is not a bad influence because all the animals like his thought process and agree with him in a variety of issues such as the windmill even though it was complex.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
The pigs are the only ones who decide the rules because they are the most educated. I believe it is not right because the animals are looking out for their own interest which is power not for the interest of the animals.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
Some animals rejected the windmill idea because they think it's too complex and it takes too long to build and too much materials are needed.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
No i believe the windmill idea wasn't the right way to solve the debate because it only heated the debate and caused Napoleon to snap and oust Snowball.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals because the animals fear him and fear for the most part equals respect.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
Mollie began to not take responsibility for the jobs she was given because she was too busy fantasizing about her past life that she is longing for.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
Mollie for the most part does not really care about her freedom because she rather be taken care by a human who does everything for her and she does not but sit their

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
I think the animals shouldn't confront Mollie because she should do whatever she wants to do after all they are free.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
No i wasn't surprised about Snowball's expulsion because it was a ticking bomb waiting to happen and the windmill was the deciding factor.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
I think Napleon is just being selfisf aand is looking out for himself and his interest.


Last edited by Mamadou-Bah on Sat May 30, 2009 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yini809

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
- According to Napoleon the animals had to do many things. The animals had to work hard enough to finish every command given by Napoleon. However, they had to fight for what they believed was right and they had to fight for their rights.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
-The animals were terrified of Napoleon. they were also afraid that they might taken or made the wrong choice.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
- I believe the Snowball is very smart as they make him sound in the book. he knows how to express himself and defend his thoughts.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
-I believe that Snowball and Napoleon are against each other because they both have different conflicting political views.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
- Mollie felt that the humans were her friends because they gave her ribbons and sugar cubes, but they really weren't.

Are the animals well educated?
- No, the animals were not educated because only the pigs went to school and they did not have access to books.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
- Snowball was not a bad influence. he was just educated and everything he did Napoleon made it seems a bad influence.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
- The pigs were the only one who decided the rules because they were the only ones who went to school and who were well educated.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
- Some animals are against the windmill because they agree with napoleon. They believe that they should focus in the present and not the future.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
- I donít believe that the windmill was the right choice at the time because they needed to increase their supplies. They didnít have the resources, skill or knowledge.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
- Napoleon is respected by all the animals because he is the leader and he always do everything right and the animals look up to him.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
- Mollie

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
- Mollie likes the idea of being taken care of by humans because she doesn't like the life of the wild. she rather have a nice warm home and food given in front of her face ever morning.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
- No because she made her own decision to live.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
- I was not really shocked because i was expecting it. Napoleon is the type of character who would not be satisfied with sharing power with another and that is why he expelled Snowball.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
- I think his laws or rules were selfish and for his own benefits. he only thought about himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
njg094




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm

rob1soul wrote:
According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
*Napoleon said that the animals had to worry about the present and not worry about the future.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
*Because Napoleon took total power and used the dogs to scare them.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
*Yes I think that Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
*They are against each other because Snowball is the only smart animal that can convince the rest of the animals to follow him and not Napoleon and because they had different political views.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
*She felt comfortable with the humans because they gave her ribbons.

Are the animals well educated?
*Some of the animals are but the pigs grow smarter everyday.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
*He was never a bad influence in the novel. It is only Napoleon who is bad influence.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
*The can only make the rules because they are smarter tan the rest of the animals. I do not believe that it is right, however none of the other animals have disagreed with them.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
*Because they did not agree with Napoleon.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
*No because they do not have the knowledge to build one or the materials.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
*I believe that he is well respected only because he is considered one of the smarter animals on the farm.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
*The pigs

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
*I believe that she would rather be taken care of by the humans because she did not care about what happened on the farm and whether the animals wanted to take over or not.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
*No because she made the decision to leave since she did not agree with them.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
*I did not expect it from him.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
*It went to far but it was done for a reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
la nenaaa : )

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
-Napoleon wanted the animals to only worry about the situations in the present ,and not what was coming in the future.
Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
- the animals were mostly terrified of Napoleon and all the power he was accumulating ,they faered he was becoming too powerful.
Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
-i personally believe that is true that snowball is smart with he comes up with and does and that the is the reason why he is in command with Napoleon.
Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
- because Napoleon is kind of threaten by how smart snowball is specially because they represent different political views.
How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
- mollie was afraid ,because she had associated with the humans ,because they gave her sugar cubes and ribbons
Are the animals well educated?
-the animals weren't educated because only the pigs had access to the books.
How was Snowball a bad influence?
- I disagree because i believe snowball was a good influence since he opposed Napoleon ,Thats why Napoleon made it seem like if he was to get the approvable of the other animals.
Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
-they make the rules because they are the smartest animals in the farm . NBo everyone should have the right to have a say.
Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
-Because they fallowed Napoleon not snpwball

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
-I think it seems Like it is but when it comes down to building it the animals wouldn't have what it takes to actually to it.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
-he make it seem like he is smarter and better for the job because he sabotage the others.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
- mollie

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
- she prefers the humans because is less work and they give her pretty ribbons and sugar cubes.
Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
- i think that there is strength in number so yes
Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
- no because it was mostly clear that Napoleon being how he was wouldn't share his power ,specially not with snowball.
What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
- i think they are unjust and that he only made them for his benefit .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
y3l3nny




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
- According to Napoleon all the animals should worry about what is happening to them now, instead of what can happen to them tomorrow.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
-The animals in the farm were terrified because one of the pigs took all the power, which left the reast of the animals in the farm powerless.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
-No, i think that Snowball is not that smart. I think that he seems smart because he borrows the ideas that he had read in books, an he uses the information to his advantage.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
- I think that Napoleon and Snowball are against each other because they want absolute power.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
-In the beginning of Ch5 Molly felt scared. I think that she felt scared after Clover confronted her because she knew that Clover knew the truth, and then soon everyone else will know.

Are the animals well educated?
-Not all the animals were well educated. Most of them were but the pigs were always a little bot ahead of the rest because they had access to book, and they had more time to study because they didn't do any physical work. One of the animals that were less educated were the sheep. Thats why the learned the chant as "four legs good, two legs bad" Because they couldn't learn how to read properly.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
-During chapter five Napoleon made every animal believe that Snowball was a bad influence, when that wasn't true. He did that because he wanted every animal to be against Snowball so he can have all the power to himself.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
-The pigs make the rules because they are known as the smartest of all the animals in the farm. I don't think that its right for only the pigs to make the rules. The rules that are made affect everyone in the farm in a positive or negative way therefore i think that every animal should be able to contribute someway or another to the makings of the rules.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
-The animals that rejected the windmill idea were the animals that supported Napoleon. These animals went with the idea that it was better to grow more food than to create a windmill. In other words these were Napoleon supporters.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
-I think that even though it would of been cool to have a windmill it wasn't the brightest idea. It wasn't the brightest idea because no matter how hard the animals worked it is not possible to construct a windmill, since they don't have the skill they need.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
-I think that Napoleon gets so much respect because he his known as one of the smart ones. Also because he makes it seem that all his ideas are the best by ruining the plans and ideas of the rest.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
-The animals that stopped taking responsibility were the animals that followed Snowball steps. they stopped doing their part when Snowball was kicked out.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
-I think that Molly prefers to be taken care of by humans because she feels that she has the freedom she needs with them. I can support my answer by looking at the beginning of Ch5. In the beginning Molly stopped doing most of the work she was required. Instead she would go to the fence so she could be pet by a farmer. Also when the birds saw her she was happy eating sugar canes and wearing ribbons.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
-I think that they did the right thing by just forgetting about it. In the end they couldn't force her to stay with them if she didn't want to. She did have the right to make her own decisions.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
-Yes i was shocked because some of the ideas that Snowball shared were very good. But power got to Napoleons head and he did everything he could to have everyone against Snowball.

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good good or bad for the animals?
-I think that Napoleons possession of power is bad for all the animals, because now that he has Snowball out of the picture his going to get a little power crazy. His going to turn the freedom that they were trying to accomplish into a dictatorship.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
-Yes for one side i think that Molly is a traitor. she went along with everything until one day and instead of being clear and speaking with everyone about how she felt she just snuck out, and left without an explanation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex9423




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 1:01 pm

[quote="Max713"]Is snowball's plan too far away to reach? No it is not because he has all the books and the equipment.

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good good or bad for the animals? It is bad for the animals because he uses his forceful possession of power for harmful things.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership. The dogs are because they are owned by him and follow all of his commands.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution? I believe that mollie is a traitor. She represents Elizabeth Bentley.

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm? They took the role of the humans because they fight and organizes what happens in the farm.

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy? Mollie needed the humans to be happy because she wanted to get the things she wanted.

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia? It was elevated because it went from little arguments to who would be the leader of this utopia.

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals? Us as humans because we usually have democracy and usually have the same basic rights.

Would the world be better if ruled by animals? It would be worse because there would be more arguments just like on the farm.

Which animal do you feel you relate most to? I feel as if I am one of the dogs being ruled everyday by someone and being told what to do.

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses? Because she was scared she would be kicked off the farm.

Why do you think Napoleon oppose the windmill idea? He wanted to take it all for himself.

What role did the pigeons play? I think it plays a major role because they are trying to have a perfect world and distract the humans of taking over the farm.


Last edited by alex9423 on Fri May 29, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rob1soul

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 6:04 pm

rob1soul wrote:
According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
-He told them to follow under his rule and to forget Snowball.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
-They were shocked that Napoleon would betray them like that and exile Snowball.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
-Yes because he was able to read and write and had creative ideas to better the farm.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
-Yes they are having a war to see who will be a better leader of the two.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
-She felt lonely and scared that's why she left to the other farm just for her beuty.

Are the animals well educated?
-Some are not all being they were learning how to read and write.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
-No, he ruled with smart's and wanted the best for the commutee.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
-They are far more intelligent then the rest, which it is good to follow under someone who knows what is best.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
-Yes, because those who dispised it were the ones who were with
Napoleon. Some still probably hate it being that Napoleon wants to build it now.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
-No because it just ened up causing a lot more problems for the farm to handle.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
-He rules with an iron fist, plus he has a crew to influence others so he gets what he wants.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
-Mollie, the Raven, and Napoleon.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
-By the humans, that is why she decieved the farm by associating with the humans and then leaving it.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
-No, there would of been nothing to do to her.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
-Very his expulsion was unjust and unrightful. The farm will now be lead by a person who will seize and destroy the farm as a whole.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
-It will slowly destroy the farm and make others rebell agaisnt this tyrant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rob1soul

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Wed May 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Max713 wrote:
Is snowball's plan too far away to reach?
-No he knew what he had to do to make the farm better but others didn't.

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good good or bad for the animals?
-It can go both ways good because they will have a smart firm leader, and bad because he will end up being a tyrant.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership.
-The dogs because they were raised by him and follow his every command.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
-No, she saw the farm turning for the worse so it was gud she left.

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?
-No, they taken the form of leaders.

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy?
-She needed them becuase she wanted to be smothered by them.

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?
-Snowball was exiled that's it there is no more feud just a war to come.

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?
-Humans because we are not having any major feuds as a country. They're soon to have a civil war.

Would the world be better if ruled by animals?
-No, animals are dumb and incompitite.

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?
-I relate most to probably one of the dogs, being if ruled under the right person I'll better myself such as working for the army,etc.


Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?
-She was afraid to be exiled from the farm.

Why do you think Napoleon oppose the windmill idea?
-He wanted to claim it as his own to get credit for the brilliant idea.

What role did the pigeons play?
-In my opinion very much becasue they spread the word to revolt to have a perfect world and to distract the humans as they were trying to seize the farm back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mamadou-Bah




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Fri May 29, 2009 8:35 am

Max713 wrote:

Is snowball's plan too far away to reach?
Snowball's plan is too far away to reach because it involves too much things and materials and it takes too long to build.

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good good or bad for the animals?
Napoleon's forceful possession of power is bad for the animals because it teaches them bad things and controls them and manipulates them.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership.
The pigs will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership because he is looking out for him and his own people which is the pigs.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
I don't thing Mollie is a traitor because she is being smart and she is getting out of an incoming storm. I think she represents those people in Russia who left before the Russian revolution came about because they had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?
I think Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of humans specifically Mr. Jones because they are starting to act like Mr. Jones did while he was in the farm.

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy?

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?

Would the world be better if ruled by animals?

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?

Why do you think Napoleon oppose the windmill idea?

What role did the pigeons play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
njg094




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Fri May 29, 2009 8:48 am

Max713 wrote:
Is snowball's plan too far away to reach?
*I believe that his plan is not to far to reach. The other animals need to become educated so then they will have a better chance on finishing the windmill. They would then just need to work together to finish it.

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good good or bad for the animals?
*I believe that is sort of bad because when things don't go his way, he ruthlessly does things to make it the way he wants. He also doesn't seem to care about what happens to the animals that are on the farm.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership.
*I believe that the dogs will because they never disobey him and were raised by him to follow his every command.

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?
*No she is not a traitor. she just left when she noticed that things on the farm were getting worse. I guess that she would represent the people in Russia who fled.

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?
*They have taken the role of Mr. Jones because they are starting to act just like he did before he left the farm.

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy?
*She needed the humans to be happy because she wanted them to continue to spoil her.

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?
*It has elevated because it started with small arguments and went to having Napoleon have dogs chase Snowball of the farm.

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?
*The humans are because we are not having any problems like the animals.

Would the world be better if ruled by animals?
*No because most of them are not as smart as us and they cant do the same things that we can.

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?
*I feel that i can relate to Boxer because he is dedicated to whatever he is doing just like I am most of the time.

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?
*Because she was afraid of being exiled and being an outcast.

Why do you think Napoleon oppose the windmill idea?
*I believe that Napoleon opposed the windmill idea because it was a great idea that he did not come up with himself and he didn't want Snowball to get praised for coming up with something so wonderful.

What role did the pigeons play?
*The pigeons were the messengers.


Last edited by njg094 on Sun May 31, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enunez758




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Fri May 29, 2009 9:23 am

I donít believe that the windmill was the right choice at the time because they needed to increase their supplies. They didnt have much experience with working they didnt know how to do anything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enunez758




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Fri May 29, 2009 9:28 am

According to Napoleon the animals had to increase the food production and they were treated like nothing. They had to work hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enunez758




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Fri May 29, 2009 9:33 am

I think that molly should stay with the humans because she shows more live for them that the animals. She would be happier with the humans because they treat her nicer. Maybe the animals dont treat her like she wants them to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHRISTYINALOVE3

avatar


PostSubject: Christina's Answers   Fri May 29, 2009 2:20 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
According to Napoleon, the animals had to not go with Snowball's plans. He wanted to build a windmill, which would be a human thing, and with the animals, they said "four legs good, two legs bad"

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
The animals on the farm were terrified of the nine dogs that came to the farm.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
I think Snowball really is smart because he is planning some changes for the farm like building a windmill for the farm.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
They are against each other because they are two different animals. Napoleon is an animal and Snowball is a human through the eyes of the other animals in the farm.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
Mollie felt betrayed since no one wants to be with her and by being betrayed, you might also be able to disappear.

Are the animals well educated?
Well, according to the story, I think that Snowball is the only animal that is well educated because of the plans he is planning on.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
Snowball was a bad influence because he acts like a human and the animals on the farm think that humans are bad and not good at all.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
The pigs are the only ones that get to decide because they are known as the leaders of the farm. This is not right because even though they are the leaders of the farm, they can't have all the votes to themselves.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
They would reject the windmill idea because it was so human-like, they were disgusted by it.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
I think the windmill wasn't the right way to end the debate because the animals wouldn't go with the animal who has the human brain.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
He gets so much respect because he acts like an animal, not a human. Since the animals despise humans, they would go with the animal who thinks like an animal and talks like one too.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
The sheep.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
I think Mollie cares about the freedom because she would rather be free to do whatever she wants then to be controlled by humans.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
I think they all should because they are a farm and in my opinion, a farm should stick together and confront their enemies, even if its just Mollie.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
I was actually shocked about Snowball's expulsion because it was something that Snowball would have never came up with.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
I think that Napoleon's maxim is a bit bossy because everyone in the barn would take the control on Napoleon and his leadership of being called Comrade.

Is snowball's plan too far away to reach?
I think Snowball's plan is too far to reach because it is complicated the way he put it. The animals would have never tried to accomplish it.

Is Napoleon's forceful possession of power good or bad for the animals?
It's bad for the animals because they chose a leader that all he wanted was the farm to be on his side. He made plans, plans that only the animals would like.

Which animals will benefit the most from Napoleon's leadership.
Probably the sheep because they keep on bleating "four legs good, two legs bad"

Do you think Mollie is a traitor? Who do you think she represents in the Russian Revolution?

Do you think that Napoleon and Snowball have taken the role of the humans on the farm?

Did Mollie need or want the humans to be happy?

How has the feud between Snowball and Napoleon elevated from the start of the utopia?

Who is doing better for themselves, us as humans, or them as animals?

Would the world be better if ruled by animals?

Which animal do you feel you relate most to?

Why was Mollie coming up with excuses?

Why do you think Napoleon opposes the windmill idea?

What role did the pigeons play?
The pigeons were also known as the messengers.

incomplete.......


Last edited by CHRISTYINALOVE3 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmedes223




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Fri May 29, 2009 2:25 pm

1)Napolean's thought that the animals should put more effort into growing food for the off season.
2)The animals were afraid of the farmers who had come after them and if u want to go even further the dog's that Napolean had raised.
3)I think he is book smart but not really street smart or shoud I say barn smart.Well anyway if he was smart he had to see signs of Napolean's tyranny.From the time that the disputes came up he should have seen the makings of an oinker dictator.
4)Their is a strugle for ultimate power.Even though their trying to go by Old MAjor's rules they still want to be the head honcho at the end.Above even all the rest of the pigs.The ones who says what topics or discussions for the day.
5)Mollie was feeling serpresed.Just for the simple fact that Mollie wanted to be her normal vain self and not her natural mare state.Mollie was more of the animal that needs a caretaker.
6)The pigs are the others not so much.The book goes on to say how little the rest of the species of barn animals were able to learn and that was hardly anything.The pigs on the other hand were highly intelligent because look at Snowball even went on to make plans for a windmill.
7)In a way snowball was violating the ground or rules that Old Major had put on.The way that he was doing that was by building the dynamo.The dynamo was suppose to give the animals leisure time.But that was exactly what humans were doing or are doing.
8)Supposedly that pigs are smarter and that the animals do not have the capacity or the will to be able to be leaders.The old major had instilled those rules and they respected him so they obeyed.it's not right because even the smartest of species make mistakes.
9) The windmill was rejected because it was humanish like.People did that why are they going to do what people have done.
10)No i mean it wasn't right especially by what they were trying to represent.Its a big huge party og Hyprocracy.
11)Probably fear and because he is very convincing.also how he defys what Snowball instates.
12)The animals were the mollie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmedes223




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 pm

1)Napolean's thought that the animals should put more effort into growing food for the off season.
2)The animals were afraid of the farmers who had come after them and if u want to go even further the dog's that Napolean had raised.
3)I think he is book smart but not really street smart or shoud I say barn smart.Well anyway if he was smart he had to see signs of Napolean's tyranny.From the time that the disputes came up he should have seen the makings of an oinker dictator.
4)Their is a strugle for ultimate power.Even though their trying to go by Old MAjor's rules they still want to be the head honcho at the end.Above even all the rest of the pigs.The ones who says what topics or discussions for the day.
5)Mollie was feeling serpresed.Just for the simple fact that Mollie wanted to be her normal vain self and not her natural mare state.Mollie was more of the animal that needs a caretaker.
6)The pigs are the others not so much.The book goes on to say how little the rest of the species of barn animals were able to learn and that was hardly anything.The pigs on the other hand were highly intelligent because look at Snowball even went on to make plans for a windmill.
7)In a way snowball was violating the ground or rules that Old Major had put on.The way that he was doing that was by building the dynamo.The dynamo was suppose to give the animals leisure time.But that was exactly what humans were doing or are doing.
8)Supposedly that pigs are smarter and that the animals do not have the capacity or the will to be able to be leaders.The old major had instilled those rules and they respected him so they obeyed.it's not right because even the smartest of species make mistakes.
9) The windmill was rejected because it was humanish like.People did that why are they going to do what people have done.
10)No i mean it wasn't right especially by what they were trying to represent.Its a big huge party og Hyprocracy.
11)Probably fear and because he is very convincing.also how he defys what Snowball instates.
12)The animals were the mollie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making
avatar


PostSubject: incomplete   Fri May 29, 2009 2:27 pm

According to Napoleon what did the animals have to do?
According to Napoleon, instead of building the windmill, the animals had to train themselves in case the humans led another attack against animal farm.

Why were the animals on the farm terrified?
The animals on the farm were scared because Napoleon had raised 9 huge beasts of dogs and they tried to kill Snowball.

Do you think Snowball is really as smart as they make him sound in the book?
I don't think Snowball is that smart as they make him seem, but definitely smarter than the rest of the animals.

Why do you think Snowball and Napoleon are against each other?
I think that they are against each other because they both are fighting for power.

How did Mollie feel in the beginning of Chapter 5?
I think Mollie felt resentment towards Animal Farm because she missed the humans and her sugar lumps and her ribbons.

Are the animals well educated?
In animal standards, yes the animals are well educated. Some are literate to some degree, which is a huge achievement since no animal had ever received education before.

How was Snowball a bad influence?
Snowball was a bad influence on the animals because of the windmill. He was trying to convince the animals to build a windmill, which only had a possibility of working and would make the animals work much more.

Why do only the pigs decide the rules? Is that right?
Only the pigs decide the rules because they are apparently "the cleverest creatures on the farm." I don't think its right because only the pig' ideas would be contributed, and would not help in the democracy they're trying to build.

Some animals rejected the windmill idea! Why?
Some animals rejected the windmill idea because it meant a lot more work for them and there was a possibility it wouldn't work.

Do you think the windmill idea was the right way to solve the debate? Why or why not?
In a way, I can see where Snowball was coming from with the idea. If it worked, it would make life much easier. However, I don't agree with it because chances of it working were slim.

Napoleon is very well respected by all the animals; why do you think he gets so much respect?
I think Napoleon gets so much respect because he's clever, can induce fear and doubt, and has so much power.

Which animals began to not take responsibilty for the jobs they were given?
The animal that really never took responsibility for the job she was given was Mollie.

Does Mollie really care for the freedom or would she rather be taken care of by humans? Support your answer.
Mollie didn't really care about freedom, and it was obvious that she rather be taken care of by humans because she still interacted with humans when she was not supposed to, and she betrayed the animals in the end.

Do you think the animals should've all gathered and confront Mollie?
There was really nothing the animals could have done to change how Mollie felt about humans.

Were you shocked about Snowball's expulsion?
Not really because it was obvious that one of the pigs would try to take control at one point.

What do you think about Napoleon's maxim? Why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5 Discussion Questions   

Back to top Go down
 
Chapter 5 Discussion Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» R.O.B. Discussion
» 40k Tournament sportsmanship questions
» The Purge Discussion
» Hmmmmmmm Which Marine Chapter to choose?
» Imperial Fists Chapter Masters

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ultimatepen.forum-motion.com :: Animal Farm :: Animal Farm-
Jump to: