HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ideas are like sausages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colombiankl
Rawrness in the making

PostSubject: Ideas are like sausages   Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:52 pm

If you want readers to follow your argument, you need to link your ideas together. On way to do this is to use transition words. These words show your readers how your ideas fit together and make your writing easier to read. Here are some commonly used transition words:

• To show comparison: also, as, in the same way, like likewise, similarly
  • To show contrast: although, but, however, on the other hand, still, yet
  • To add information: additionally, along with, also, and, another, as well, for instance, for example, in addition, likewise, moreover
  • to make ideas clearer: for instance, in other words, that is.

Write a paragraph about a controversial school rule. Use transitions to link your ideas together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babyboo22

PostSubject: Ideas are like sausages   Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:12 pm

There is always the controversial rule of certain schools wearing uniforms which I do disagree with. In my opinion it takes away students individuality becuase you are taking away for them to express themselves through their clothes. Also, no one likes looking the same because everyone likes to be different in their own way so why would you take that away from them? On the other hand, it is a good idea for safety purposes because then you can tell who belongs to that certain school and who doesn't. But most students wouldn't agree with the idea or some of the parents. Situations like this should stay the same and be left alone and let students have their individuality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrHero
Co-admin

PostSubject: *School Rules* (Transitions)   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 pm

To begin, one controversial rule in East Campus PAHS is the fact the one stairwell is dedicated for going up and one stairwell is dedicated for going down. Although many students do not like this rule, it is important to have for the safety of the students. Also, it eases up congestion in the hallways so that all pupils can get to their designated rooms faster. Not only that, but I think that each stairwell was built purposely, one for going up and one for going down. If not, why would there be two staircases? In conclusion, I believe that this controversial rule would not be so controversial if student could just see the benefits in having the designated stairwells.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas are like sausages   

Back to top Go down

Ideas are like sausages
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1